Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Good Memory & The Memories We May Miss


This was taken when my Shiny Silver & I went on vacation to South Fork, Colorado in July of 2014.  We had such a wonderful time.  There was such beauty everywhere we looked!  I'm surprised I didn't get whiplash!  This is one of over 500 photographs I took that week.  We actually walked out to the left cliff of the waterfall that you see here in the photo.  The view was breath-taking... Both from this view and the view looking down to the boulders below.  God's Hand is amazing.  The simple joys that He places among us that most us aren't able to see.  Why don't we?  Do we stay on the well-traveled path that has been built up with skyscrapers?  Are we absorbed in our phones while walking down the street and miss the gorgeous butterfly that we follow for a block?  Are you so closely watching the feed on your social media pages that you miss the handsome guy/pretty gal smiling at you waiting for you to see them?  Are we missing the moments that give our lives meaning and definition?

I loved being in Colorado and being able to set down my phone and simply enjoy all the moments.  I enjoyed being able to savor the time with Shiny Silver.  I have time with him everyday, but I take those moments for granted.  I get caught up in the technology.  I get caught up in wasting moments.  They don't have to be big like this waterfall; they can be shared over a morning's cup of coffee.  Let's take a few minutes out of the social media and put it back into our relationships that are right in front of ourselves.  They define our lives and who we are as individuals. There is the good stuff.

2 comments:

  1. We need to re-learn how to breathe....... and how to slow down and make some memories with our loved ones....... to thank God for His glory all around us!

    ReplyDelete